Memorial Day is a time of remembrance for those who have died serving our country. It is also a time for celebration and looking forward to new life, as many couples choose to get married on this long weekend. Choosing the right songs for Memorial Day can set the tone for you and your loved ones. For many couples, the weekend can serve to both honor loved ones and family members who have served and celebrate the start of their new life together.
Here are 9 songs to consider for your big day’s playlist, remembering the true meaning of Memorial Day while also ensuring you have a night to never forget out on the dance floor.
- "America the Beautiful" by Ray Charles This classic patriotic song is a great way to weave a solemn memory into your Memorial Day wedding ceremony. Ray Charles' soulful rendition is a beautiful tribute to our country.
- "Taps" "Taps" is a traditional military bugle call played at the end of the day and at military funerals. It is a somber and respectful way to remember those who have served our country and made the ultimate sacrifice.
- "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston This classic love song is a beautiful choice for your first dance as a married couple. Whitney Houston's powerful voice will bring tears to your guests' eyes.
- "Dancing in the Moonlight" by Toploader Now it's time to get the party started! "Dancing in the Moonlight" is a fun and upbeat song that will get everyone on the dance floor.
- "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars "Uptown Funk" is a modern classic that will have everyone dancing and singing along. It's a great choice for getting the party started.
- "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon "Shut Up and Dance" is a fun and catchy song that is perfect for a wedding reception. It's a great way to get everyone out of their seats and onto the dance floor.
- "Can't Stop the Feeling" by Justin Timberlake "Can't Stop the Feeling" is another modern classic that is guaranteed to get your guests dancing. Justin Timberlake's upbeat song is perfect for a Memorial Day wedding celebration.
- "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus "Party in the USA" is a fun and lighthearted song that is perfect for a Memorial Day wedding celebration. Miley Cyrus' catchy tune will have everyone singing and dancing along.
While it's important to remember the true meaning of Memorial Day, it's also a time for celebration and new beginnings. These songs, plus plenty of others that we’re sure you already have in your hearts and minds, will help set the tone for your Memorial Day wedding celebration. So get ready to dance the night away and celebrate your love with family and friends.
And once your celebration is over, why not commemorate your Memorial Day wedding with a custom vinyl record from Freestyle Vinyl? Collect the most memorable tracks and your favorite photos to create a completely unique remembrance that you can enjoy for years to come – timeless, beautiful, and completely ‘you’.